AFM EducationWelcome to Ahwatukee Foothills Montessori
Each of our Certified Montessori Directresses have extensive teaching experience and are committed to helping your children maximize their potential, while focusing on the development of the Whole Child. Our support staff is made up of a wonderful group of caring, compassionate personnel who will help your child feel at home in our environment. Our staff have an average of 15 years teaching experience at AFM.
What's New at AFM?
- We have increased the duration of all programs and extended the length of our instructional time to offer you more value for your tuition.
- We are the pilot school for the new kindergarten specific STEAM program created by NESA and MakerFlo, at no additional cost to parents.
- We have added a PM half-day program to better meet the changing needs of our families.
It’s no secret that the cost of childcare is going up across the country. The childcare insurance industry has increased policy costs for all centers of between 60 -100%. Our goal is to make sure AFM parents know they are getting maximum value for their tuition dollars.
What makes AFM a better value?
- Our tuition and enrollment fees cover all supplies for your child for the whole school year, including daily snack
- We will never ask you for school “donations” or conduct school fundraising
- Our tuition price will not change mid-year, even if the inflation rate continues to rise
- We are experts on a very specific period of your child’s development, and that is our entire focus; we are not trying to feed into a larger school program
- We offer a specialized service and unique experience that is not available at a large school with several hundred students
- Our programs are priced very competitively; FYI- our Extended Day program is priced at $6.80/hour! (AZ average is $9.00/hour)
We encourage parents to compare AFM’s programs and those offered by our competitors.
Financial Offsets Available for Kindergarten:
Empowerment Scholarship Accounts
Parents have the right to choose what’s best for their family and have their education tax dollars pay for the school that meets their child’s needs. Empowerment Scholarship Accounts (ESA) make that possible. With the ESA program, the money that would pay for that student’s education in a neighborhood school follows that student to whichever school the parents choose for their child.
Institute for Better Education School Tuition Tax Credits
The Institute for Better Education (IBE) is committed to removing any financial obstacles that stand in a family’s way of providing K-12 education for their children and their unique needs. IBE accomplishes this through the Arizona private school tax credit program. This program is not income based, and AFM kindergarten students routinely have the full year’s tuition covered by these programs.
Open enrollment for new students begins February 1st, 2024.
Enrollment is wait list based. Please submit your pre-enrollment application to begin the enrollment process.
AFM’s Mission & Vision
AFM is a Montessori oriented family comprised of staff, students, parents and administrators working together to enhance each child’s social, emotional, physical and academic qualities.
- a small, established school
- 7:1 student/teacher ratio
- an American Montessori Society affiliate (AMS)
- highly experienced, with a stable, warm and caring staff
- a full curriculum including language, math, social studies, science, sensorial, practical life, social and cultural activities
- daily, individual reading with every student
- Spanish & Art classes as part of the regular curriculum
- a specialized focus on this specific period of your child’s growth and development
- a 10 month school year with optional summer sessions
- multiple program options to best fit your needs
WHAT PARENTS ARE SAYING ABOUT AFM
“Welcome to AFM Education! We are very excited to be your partners as you begin your child’s educational journey. Our highly qualified staff will provide an unparalleled early childhood learning experience for your child. We are committed to high academic standards while focusing on the social, emotional and physical development of the Whole Child.”